I suggest you ...

I hate having to register for an event with active.com

I'm going to complain to as many race directors as possible and suggest they NOT use active.com for event registration

35 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate paying extra for a race because I have to register through Active. I will avoid the race and look for ones that don't require Active.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed . . . the most unfriendly site for registration. I will miss out on a t shirt because I am unable to register online. Cut out the unnecessary "javascript" requirement that no other website seems to have a problem with. Boo Active.com!! Race directors . . . don't use it! And when you ask for help, they simply refer you back to the active.com website where you were unable to access registration in the first place!

• jaloiaAdminjaloia (Admin, Active) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your comment, Editor. The Peachtree Road Race generates an enormous interest from runners around the world and puts a significant load on our network. We take a several precautions to try to ensure we have enough network capacity to service the demand when these popular events come up.

But clearly, we have plenty of room for improvement. We will share your feedback with our IT department.

At Active.com, we're continuously investing in our infrastructure and depend greatly on feedback from participants like you to determine how best to spend.

Thank you once again.

• EditorEditor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support your comments. Registering for the Peachtree Road Race is a nightmare. At the very beginning of the registration session, Active.com's Web site is unavailable for the registration. They obviously have not prepared for this event registration. As Editor, Computer Times, I find this totally unacceptable in the current Web environment where many retail stores can handle millions of orders a day.

Feedback and Knowledge Base